Thursday, December 16, 2010

Othello ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Othello," 6" x 8", Golden Open Acrylics on Raymar panel, commissioned equine portrait, private collection (THANK YOU!), and the last of my commissioned holiday pieces.

Yesterday was my shipping deadline for the holiday, after which the studio slides into a more indulgent frame of mine. This week I shipped out 14 paintings to new homes (including Othello, above). I'm more than ready to kick back.

I have several weeks without commissions ahead of me, my reward for sticking it through the year. Now I'm painting purely for myself, working out ideas that have been simmering all year and trying out new things.

It'll set the stage for a new year and new beginnings.

But meanwhile, if you want to get on the bus and commission something for 2011, please let me know. I'm getting plans made and the route planned and would love you and your pet to be a part of it!

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Happy holidays -
Kim



Tuck a Gift Certificate Under The Tree

Looking for a last minute gift? A certificate for a pet portrait is a great idea that will give the recipient the opportunity to participate in the portrait process, resulting in a painting they will cherish for years to come.

Paintings start at $200, sketches $29.

Email me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment