Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Tail Lights, a Racing Scene by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Tail Lights," (4) (yes, you read that correctly) 6" x 8" panels, when, placed side by side, depict an entire field of race horses, overall painting size 24" x 8". I have photoshopped black lines in between so that you can see how the design breaks across the panels. This is acrylics on museum quality panels, priced at $1199 (all 4 panels come together). In process images are here and inquiries may come to me

My Saratoga gallery asked for some pieces around 8" x 10" or smaller and I got the seemingly-brilliant-at-the-time idea to create a series of horse butt racing scenes, all individual. So I set my easel up with four, planning to attack the first batch all at once.

And then that seemingly-brilliant-at-the-time idea blossomed into something entirely different.

What if instead I painted an entire field of horses, running away from the viewer, but stretched them artistically across the four panels? I would end up with four different paintings, but when they were assembled, they become one combined image.

So I spent the last 6 days trying to answer that question. I think I got my answer!

But what do you think?

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kimberly Santini
ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment