Monday, January 12, 2009

Start Of A New Day Done - Really




Here is a close up of the subject of the finished casein "Start Of A New Day", 18 x 18" on canvas. I put the last brush strokes on it today. [ I promised myself that I did!!] And the rest of the day was spent trying to fix my router for my DSL. It seems to be working now. I will keep my fingers crossed.
I also have several sketches I have worked up for a couple of new paintings.
But I do want to get back to doing some more of my family images / mixed media work. Some of the work done so far can be seen on my website in the
Figurative Collection. It is a stretch from doing equine art, but I am feeling the pull to get back to that. This work has me playing with acrylics and casein mixed with some collage thrown in for good measure.
In the meantime I will be getting my thoughts together about what is happening to me this year, artistically and career wise. Good things are happening.....but I still have a hard time getting all my "ducks in a row".......paddling like crazy under the water....but skimming along it seems on the top!!
Heh...I am still afloat!!! and that is great!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Pat...it seems that this painting is getting some attention! THAT IS A GOOD THING according to Martha! :-)

    kp

    ReplyDelete