Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Foal Painting & Watercolor Hunter WIP


Another painting finished. I am really enjoying the process of doing a daily painting. This is another small piece measuring 8 x 10, acrylic on canvas board. Titled Morning Light it captures a foal lying down in the tall grass. This is a very familiar sight this time of year around these parts. I used a reference photo from the Wet Canvas ref library. This one is available for sale for $45 and includes Priority Mail shipping. To Purchase
And be sure to check out some of this weeks previous offerings.





In addition to this acrylic painting I have been working on a rather large (for me) watercolor of a hunter (horse). This measure 14 x 11. The support I am using here is Arches Cold Press paper. Not my favorite paper so I am giving it another chance to see if I like it. I do LOVE to paint on Arches Hot Press. It is a lovely super smooth surface and it just lets me push the paint around. Today I am posting WIP1 & 2 (WIP stands for Work In Progress). It is very much in the uglies stage at this point but we will push through! ☺
First glazes going down here. When I work with these watercolor horse paintings I need to lay down a very detailed sketch first. Watercolor is not very forgiving since so many of the pigments I like working with are very staining so they won’t lift very easily.



Starting to throw a better shape here. Patience and more patience. More WIPS tomorrow! Remember, all images are clickable for an enlarged view. Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Great horse paintings Deborah! Haven't done horses for ages. Will keep on popping in to your blog to see what's new.

    ReplyDelete