Thursday, August 4, 2011

‘Gathering up the reins’ Watercolor by Debbie Flood

                      Gathering up the reins Medium Web view

Gathering up the reins 13 x 17 Watercolor on Arches 300lb Watercolor Paper.

The painting is finally finished. I was going to send this to an exhibit I was invited to, but the Lady at the Angel Fire ArtSpace Gallery in New Mexico, requested it for her Gallery.

I have other works I can send to the exhibit, so this one will be going to the Gallery. At the moment, the frame I ordered for it, is on back order. Once I have that, I’ll be able to frame it and send it on to the Gallery in NM.

This painting is from the ride I went on in Angel Fire, NM with the Road Runner Tours. This painting depicts the Tour Guide, Gunther, and his dark Palomino mare. This is where we stopped on the side of the mountain that dropped out into an open field. Here the horses rested and we took photos of one another.

Another painting I recently finished of the horse I rode “Bullet'” The coolest place in town, will also be going to the Angel Fire ArtSpace Gallery in NM. Here is an image of it with it’s pretty Gold Wood Frame on. I’ve included the story of the Butterfly, on the back of this painting too. You can scroll down a few posts to read about the Butterflies of Angel Fire.

                      Bullet framed Medium Web view

My next trip is coming right up! August 13th I fly out to Sedona, Arizona. I am in an Invitational Group Exhibit there. The exhibit is ‘Lamingtons and Apple Pie’. It consists of 9 of us, from Australia and the USA. The Opening Reception is August 15th at 6:30PM. There will also be a raffle of works from each artist with proceeds for the Luv shack Horse Rescue Ranch.

The exhibit runs August 15- 29, 2011. Would love to meet you at the reception!

~Debbie

http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment