Wednesday, September 19, 2012

‘Safe in the Sage’ Spanish Mustang Mare and Filly, New Mexico. Watercolor by Deborah Flood

 

Safe in the sage Medium Web view

I can’t believe I haven’t posted since the first of August! It’s been a pretty busy Summer and now with the kids back in school, and Summer Family fun has come to an end, it’s time to get back to the grind stone of having fun in the Studio! Yeah, right…grind stone, ha ha…So love my job!

Pictured above is a brand new Watercolor, just completed a few days ago. Safe in the sage, 15 x 19 inches, Watercolor on 300lb Arches Watercolor Paper.

This cute pair are pure blooded Spanish Mustangs living in New Mexico. If you have been following my expeditions and goings on, then you know I took a trip out to Northern New Mexico this Summer for a Gallery Opening. While there, I scheduled a day to photograph the Wild Spanish Mustangs of Monero Mustang Sanctuary.

This is the first large watercolor I have created of the Mustangs. This Mare is Wera (meaning Blonde) and her Filly is Serena. I here from the Ranch that they are doing fine, but they do need a sponsor. If you would like to sponsor these two, or any other of the wild Mustangs that roam free there, follow the link above to the Sanctuary’s Website.

I will be offering 15 x 19 Limited Edition Prints of 50 of Safe in the sage. Printed on velvet watercolor paper and proofed, hand signed and numbered by me (Deborah Flood). A percentage of each print sale will be donated to the Mustang Sanctuary in New Mexico. Prints will be $100.00 USD plus shipping. Contact me at debflood@debfloodart.com to pre-order your LE Print.

Thank you for reading my musings, journeys, and Studio endeavors!

~Deborah

http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment