Thursday, September 24, 2009

Beach Bums

"Beach Bums," 8" x 10", portrait of a woman and her horse, acrylic on canvasboard, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries may always come to me.

This is another piece that came about from my request for black (or white) subjects. When my client read that I was looking for muses, she sent photos of her big, black horse. Already having several paintings of her (not black or white) dogs, she rightly predicted I would flip over the photo that inspired this composition - the lighting, coupled with the fact they both were in stride together, was downright irresistable.

With this painting and a few other recent ones, I'm gathering confidence with my human portrait abilities. (Of course, it's far easier when their faces are turned away....) I hope to be able to accept commissions for them in the coming year.

Are you thinking about the holidays yet? I have been and there are a couple studio projects in the works, one being a storefront for greeting and note cards. If you are interested in ordering cards with a reproduction of your painting (or another image from the Painting a Dog a Day archives) please let me know. Include the title of the painting or the date it was shared (you can get this from the blog), and I'll create them on a first come first served basis. Raise your hand now and we'll get going!!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Makes me want to be out there walking with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I could read what you wrote - but it's too dark but I had to say I love the painting!

    ReplyDelete