Thursday, October 29, 2009

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"What the Blazes....(Broncs III)," 8" x 10", acrylic on canvasboard, depicting two horses, $449. Inquiries may always come to me.

With every deadline I'm frantically working up a new idea, literally until the 'n-th' hour. Seems to be a curse, this belief that the next painting will be so much better than the previous one.

These two faces are no exception to the rule - they represent entry #3 for the Ex Arte Equinus exhibition, applications due tomorrow.

I do like the direction my Bronc's series of paintings are going - the interplay of shapes has allowed me to wallow in the abstractions possible with multiple forms and tight cropping.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

PS Want a great gift this holiday season? Then order either one of the Painting a Dog a Day books - they are gorgeous summaries of the Dog a Day paintings. Painting a Dog a Day - the First Year covers 2006-2007, and That's 14 in Dog Years covers 2008. Information on how to order each book is on the Painting a Dog a Day blog and thestudio website.

PPS The response to yesterday's painting was Phenomenal. I have added "Cairn Curiousity" to my Imagekind shop, so that you can order notecards or poster reprints to your heart's content. Thank you so much for supporting my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment