Friday, March 19, 2010

Vertical (Bellator)


"Vertical (Bellator)," from the March Virtual pARTy photograph supplied by Linda Shantz, 8" x 16", acrylic on canvasboard, $529 to the first one who asks nicely. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

So what's a Virtual pARTy? It's when a group of artists create art using the same reference photo. It's fascinating how each participant makes something uniquely theirs - the resulting body of work is a great study in the variety of interpretations possible.

This year Linda and I are trying to host pARTys more regularly - it was sort of hit and miss when we did them last year, which made it harder for others to plan on joining. So far it's worked out to be mid-month, every month. Check out the project blog for more details - rumor has it we might be doing a dog themed pARTy in the future.

So back to Bellator: I thought two things when I saw the photograph for this month's Virtual pARTy - one, the horse looked very much like those Katie Upton (one of my favorite artists ever) paints. And two, that blaze had to be front and center - I was going to break the rule about keeping your focal point from the middle of your canvas.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.

And happy weekend!
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment