Thursday, April 29, 2010

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Traffic," a Painted Sketch from the Saratoga Series, image approximately 10" wide by 6" high, Golden Open Acrylics on multimedia artboard, $129 to the first taker. Inquiries (including booking a commissioned pet portrait) may always come to me.

This is a continuation of yesterday's exploration of manipulation using sharp edges and bolder color. I'm enjoying the abstracted areas of the paintings just as much as I am the horses and jocks in the focal point.

Sad news on a couple different fronts today tempered my mood. Several clients emailed to share dogs passing away, another friend lost a family member, and my grandfather remains in the hospital with some serious health complications. All good reason to step back and linger with those I love, count my blessings, and pray for more.

Which means I'm off to whip up a wicked pot of risotto while the kids work on homework at the kitchen table and a thunderstorm rolls in. It'll start off a perfect night of enjoying each other's company.

Care to sip a glass of wine with me while I clean shrimp?

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year(2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years(2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment