Friday, April 30, 2010

Elin Pendleton in Georgia and Florida

I'm here on the East Coast for the next three weeks, teaching the workshop of Color Boot Camp returnees/repeat offenders (AKA "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Paints"). They have had almost five full days of rejuvenation, reflecting and reinforcement of the Color System, tempered with the laughter and shenanigans that only these "repeat offenders" can produce. I'm painting with them, but not in so much of demonstration mode but more to expand on topics already covered in the computer lectures and specific training for each boot camper's needs.

So I started this morning light 12 x 12 acrylic from Kentucky Horse Park source material, knowing that the deadline for the AAEA (American Academy of Equine Art) fall show is approaching.

There is so much to see and do here on the farm--over 700 acres of woods, pasture...and a new foal! This is Star and her new kidlet, and with a colorful mare and foal such as these two, you can imagine the fun it is to photograph and think about painting the different times of day with this subject!

I've already started an oil from one of my reference photos!

Georgia at this time of year is gorgeous, both in weather and in the warmth of the folks who call it home. I love coming here, and will be taking next week to teach the Florida group, then back to the farm here to introduce new "CBC recruits" to the Color System for Artists. There might be one spot left. I know the Florida group next week in Ocala has almost filled, too!

What a glorious life of an artist!!

You can see my entire blog HERE.My workshop schedule for 2010 is HERE.

Color System information can be found HERE.If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment