Monday, May 3, 2010

Elin Pendleton's Color Boot Camp in Florida, Morning Light

First day of the Florida Color Boot Camp here in Ocala, and what a great group of artists and students! A wonderful facility and I'm staying with one of the organizers. This evening we spent it with wine glasses in their pool!

This 12 x 12 acrylic has had the final "punch" put in the color to fine tune the relationships in morning light, to bring the viewer into the image, and to tell the story.

My story for this painting is in the people who do the hard work of keeping these equine athletes ready and healthy for performing. The title of this one is "It's not about the horse". I hope you like it.

Here's an image of the facility at VoiART in downtown Ocala. Yes, we have chocolate!!


You can see my entire blog HERE.

My workshop schedule for 2010 is HERE.

Color System information can be found HERE.

If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment