Thursday, May 27, 2010

Buy A Painting, Save A Horse!


A few months ago I took in my first 'kill pen' rescue horse who was one step away from going to slaughter.  About a two months ago I took in another, Darcy, a beautiful 5 yr. old registered Quarter Horse.  I am awaiting the arrival of Johnny Walker, my 3rd kill pen rescue.  I was helped in providing a home for these horses thru facebook friends'donations and the people at Another Chance 4 Horses at http://www.ac4h.com/  This began the seed of an idea for me to begin the Save A Face Project.   Obviously, there is a limit as to how many horses I can take in.  The rescues are full to bursting and more horses each week go to slaughter that could potentially be saved if we get the word out as to how to rescue and where to go. 




My idea is to first sell an original oil painting on e-bay thru the Giving Works Program.  A portion of the proceeds will go to a designated rescue.  E-bay handles dividing the money which is wonderful as far as I am concerned.  I don't have to get involved in redirecting money.  As a buyer you can know where your money is going. 

The second phase consists of selling limited edition playing card sized collectible prints called ACEO's also on e-bay.  They usually sell for for $5.00-8.00  and have the rescue information printed on the back to encourage people to become involved in helping the rescues.  Or they can just collect ACEO's, show them off and pass them around, knowing that in itself is a great help! 

I am calling the project Save A Face because as an animal portrait artist I know the power of faces.  Put a face to a cause and now its real and people can connect.  The faces will be of actual animals that are either happy examples of taking in rescues or the faces of so many in need. 



You can help support this project by sharing the links, bidding and starting your own Save a Face collection.  This is for those of us who want to save them all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Save-Face-Benefit-Rescues-Trash-Treasure-/330435449700?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item4cef7cd364

Please take the time to read the description of the art at the link above.  It tells a alittle about the inspiration behind this piece.  ACEO's will be offered for sale once the original sells.  I will sell limited edition AECO's and then have a new piece.  My hope is that people will see the collectible value in the limited edition prints as well as the original paintings which will drive the value up.  I'm please with the interest I am getting but need your help to get it off the ground.  Bid, share and stop back to see more!  I also would love rescue links and stories for future pieces.  I am not affiliated with any one rescue.

Thank you!
Sue Steiner

equine and animal artist 

No comments:

Post a Comment