Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Heads or Tails ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini


 

"Heads or Tails," 4" x 9", equine painting done in acrylics on museum quality panel, $279 to the first person to ask nicely. Inquiries may always come to me. And thank you!

 
A couple in process views of this painting are available onthe studio Facebook page.

 
 
 

Special thanks to Facebook fan MW who titled this one while it was still wet and on my easel!!
 

Other potential titles:

 
"I Can't Do a Thing With My Hair"
"Where's the Detangler When You Need It?"
"Tail End"
"Kiss My ___"
"Equine Backcomb"
 

Tomorrow I will be painting a foal, and, if time permits, another small track scene. I can't believe there's only 2 days left till the Kentucky Derby.

 
Who's your pick?

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork with your friends and family!!
Kim
 



Palominos #51 by Katie Upton, reproduced with permission of the artist. 
 

Another Inspiration, Katie Upton

 
I happen fall in love with artists who's work exemplifies qualities I feel my own lacks. 

 
California artist Katie Upton is a perfect example. What does she do that is so masterful? I'll tell you!
 
  • Her lines ooze with steely confidence.
  • Even frozen in time, her subjects carry tremendous movement.
  • She breaks form down into simple, gorgeous planes that retain every element of the overall shape while simultaneously carrying great strength as abstractions.
  • No one can place a dab of color and make it sing like she can. Seriously, look at those greens and oranges and purples - it's like the Hallelulia Chorus!!
  • She's created such a signature style that her work is distinctive and identifiable in an instant. 
 
Thank you, Katie, for giving me all sorts of great eye candy and setting the bar so darned high!!

 
You can view more of Katie's work on her website.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment