Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Endless winter


We're in the midst of a protracted spell of severe winter weather. Minus 35 (and that was the *high* yesterday) with wind chills making it feel like minus 50. Luckily things are gradually supposed to get a bit better as the week progresses. I've taken a lot of shots so far this winter, just not in the last few days!

This is one I got in mid December. I have a new working relationship with a working cowhorse/cutting horse trainer in the area, so I get to drive to his place (about an hour away) every so often to do photos. They wanted me to do Christmas card shots for them, and I was happy to oblige. The snow held off until I got the "people shots" done, then lovely big soft flakes started falling. I love doing photos in the snow, although it is usually a challenge due to very low light. These horses were just waiting it out in their pen, with the new snow gradually accumulating on their coats.
I suppose it's only going to be a matter of time before I'm going out there and crabbing about the heat, dust and bugs. Seems like there are only about four good days in the year for doing outdoors horse stuff in this province, two in the spring (after the mud and before the insects) and two in the fall (after the insects and before the snow!!).
As usual, this image is available to purchase in a selection of sizes and formats at reasonable prices. Email me at judywood@sasktel.net for details.

1 comment: