Monday, February 18, 2008

Age of Innocence

Age of Innocence
24 x 20 original acrylic


This is a painting of a little Egyptian Arabian colt I'd visited last May, just a few days after he was born. That evening was such a beautiful one. It was warm, the sun was just starting to set, and this little guy was having a great time exploring his new world. Simple things would fascinate him and keep his attention, just until the next thing that came along to pique his curiosity. I thought I'd paint him looking at a small chickadee to show his innocence and sense of discovery. I hope you enjoy this one! It is available for purchase on my site at www.carolerodrigue.net PayPal is available. Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! How on earth do you get acrylic paint so blend so nicely? I struggle with my acrylic paintings! The lighting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, thank you for the nice comments! I paint really thin with acrylic and do a lot of dry brushing with a roud/flat bristle brush using very little paint. For the horse, I did some dry brushing but also used a blending medium, and with a flat sable just spread out the paint really thin, blending out to nothing, then repeating several times to get the softness I want. Try this out and see if it works for you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete