Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Homer the War Pony


This photo is one I made up as a component of a mixed media collage I am working on. However, I quite like it as a freestanding image on its' own, so here you are.
Homer belongs to the barn manager where I ride and stable my horse. He's quite the character, and a favourite of mine to photograph. He's a little guy (about 15'2" but at our barn that's pretty small) but built very solidly and with a really big head. He's all heart and go, though, and will give everything his best shot. His previous career with his owner was as a cowboy's horse, but now that they are at an English training barn, Homer and his owner are learning to work with English tack and are even trying their hand at jumping. I think maybe he'd be a little more in his element as a War Pony!!
As always, art photo prints of this image can be ordered by emailing me judywood@sasktel.net
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment