Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Derby Week at Painting a Dog a Day - Go! by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Go!," 8" x 16", draft horse portrait, acrylic on canvasboard, private collection. Inquiries may come to me.
 
I did two paintings yesterday of Tony, and my friend has chosen this one to hang on her wall. I think I have now painted every one of her animals at least once..... (I know she'll correct me if I'm wrong).
 
I wish it were otherwise, but this was one of those days spent focused on the business aspect of studio operations. There is a myth that artists paint all day and do little else - it's actually the opposite. I'm lucky to paint 2-3 hours 5 days a week - it's a constant balancing act and battle to carve more creation time out of my work days. But both sorts of tasks are absolutely necessary in a thriving business.
 
Today was spent (or rather still is being spent) corresponding with clients, following up on inquiries, wrapping and shipping a number of paintings, touching up another portrait, starting a studio deep-clean, and getting some layout work done on the new book.
 
Speaking of books, those new to Painting a Dog a Day may not know that there is a book recapping the first 15 months of the daily dog portraits. I'll be happy to personalize or inscribe your copy - please email me to place your order.
 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing these paintings with your friends and family.
Can't wait to share another horse with you tomorrow!
Kim Santini

No comments:

Post a Comment