Monday, April 27, 2009

Derby Week at Painting a Dog a Day - Afternoon Sun

"Afternoon Sun," 6" x 12," acrylic on canvasboard, from the Painting a Dog a Day project, $359 to the first one raising their hand. On your mark, get set, go!!  ....inquiries may come to me.
 
As tradition in Painting a Dog a Day, the week before the Kentucky Derby is turned over to the horses. This week is an excuse to indulge in my lifelong love - I don't specifically paint Thoroughbreds during Derby Week but revel in all equine shapes and colors. 
 
So here's your first piece, a draft mix lazily grazing his way into the picture plane while the sun glances off his flanks. This is Tony, a huge lug of a sweetheart belonging to a good friend of mine who also happens to be a brilliant equine photographer. Check out Juliet's work at her website, including her newly published book.
 
Tony's piece is a lovely quiet painting that would make a nice accent to a variety of interiors. Email me if you have any questions about how to get this one on your wall. 
 
I can squeeze in one or two more equine paintings this week, if you care to nominate someone. Send your ideas to me via email.
 
Thanks, as always, for sharing my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim Santini
www.turtledovedesigns.com

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!
    I'm a children's author and would love to have you come visit me at my writing blog:
    http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com

    or at my new animal blog:
    http://jan-mader.blogspot.com/

    Hope to talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete