Friday, November 7, 2008

Annual Art Issue focuses on 'Connection'

I have just received news that one of my wire sculptures, "Power Steering", has been included in the 23rd Annual Polo and Equestrian Sporting Art issue of POLO Players' Edition magazine.

It is an honor to be in the company of such amazing talent, and it is also a great success for the medium of wire in the fine art world!

The theme for this year's Call for Artists was 'connection', which was particularly relevant to my work. I create each of my sculptures from a single, continuous strand of wire...horse and rider are connected by the energy flowing through the wire. The two move and work as one, as they must in the sporting world.
Link
You can view other artwork representing this theme online at POLO Players' Editon.

Angela Hook
www.wireinspire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment