Monday, September 28, 2009

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

Origami (Broncs #1), 8" x 16", acrylic on canvasboard, depicting a variety of broncs, $599 to the first taker. Inquiries may always come to me. (This photo is washed out, for which I apologize - I will take a better shot in the sunlight tomorrow, should the sun choose to shine.)

My friend Donna Ridgway is a gifted artist and photographer. Last summer she took a series of rodeo shots, photos which called to me so strongly I asked for permission to paint them. I purchased the rights to create a series of paintings from her photographs, but hadn't gotten the chance to get the pieces started until today. (By the way, Donna sells both reprints of her photos and copyrights, in addition to her artwork - you can catch up with her life here.)

And I started today simply because of a looming deadline. I have yet to get juried into Ex Arte Equinas, a prestigious equine art exhibition and publication, but being the eternal optimist, I am not nearly ready to throw in the towel. Nothing's due till the end of October, so I've still got plenty of time to continue tweaking and working these ideas out.

Meanwhile, the notecard storefront is coming along! I'll be open for business tomorrow, so if you are interested in ordering cards with a Painting a Dog a Day image on them, let me know what you are looking for so that I can get it set up.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Love the painting but can't read a word of your post - just too dark of a font.

    ReplyDelete