Monday, June 28, 2010

Curly Flanks - Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Curly Flanks," 8" x 10", Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, $469 and headed home to the first one asking nicely. Inquiries (portraits start at $29 and make incredible gifts) may always come to me.

I love love love the abstract elements of this painting. Flip it in any direction, squint way down, and it's still beautiful.

I know it's been quiet - at the end of last week, I took a few days off to celebrate my brother's wedding. It was the perfect weekend with family (the Kelly family is a big and most excellent one) and old friends (also most excellent!). I returned to the studio refreshed and ready to paint.

However the painting bit didn't happen till later in the day - this morning was spent with a photographer and videographer from the press (I'll keep you posted on that!), mid-morning involved email responses (I'm still about 300 messages behind, but am working on them in the order received), and the afternoon was consumed with packing paintings to ship to their new homes.

Now I've gotten my paint fix and am off to finish a good book (Water for Elephants) - any suggestions for the next one I should read?

(PS this painting is of my friend's Curly Horses, taken last winter in the midst of much snow and zero humidity. A good place to "meditate" given today's weather.)

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year(2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years(2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment