Wednesday, August 4, 2010

THe Best Day Ever ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"The Best Day Ever," 8" x 16", Golden Open Acrylics on Raymar panel, portrait of a Thoroughbred racehorse, collection of the artist. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

Some of you might remember that last summer I road tripped it to Saratoga Race Track with my girlfriends Linda Shantz and Juliet Harrison. I had planned on going again this year, but things happened (like the solo show in Utah and the wine label win) that required my attention elsewhere.

Meanwhile, they went without me (the horror!!), and another dear friend, Sharon Passmore (yes, she should have a website but does not - yet!), joined them (see how replaceable I am?!).

Like a junkie I hung on their every Facebook status update and lingered over the photos they shared, hunting down the same Ben & Jerry's flavors they were indulging in and wishing there was a Lake Orion based Mrs London's to fill my pastry cravings.

Next year I am SO going to be in Saratoga.

But meanwhile, here's a painting inspired by last year's trip. The real thing, a horse truly named "The Best Day Ever," who capped off a most extraordinary day of inspiration at the track. (And I apologize right now for my poor photoshopping skills in knitting the multiple scans together.)

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment