Thursday, November 18, 2010

Still Life With Black Horse ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


Here is one of my all-time favorite paintings, "Still Life With Black Horse," 10" x 24", acrylics on gallery stretched canvas, $479. I have loved this one since the moment I shot the reference photo and began painting in my mind's eye.

"Still Life" has been exhibited and won numerous awards. It even earned me the moniker of "The Lady Who Paints Horse's Butts." (By the way, there is a PG and an R rated version of this nickname.)

But it is still looking for a home.

Might that be yours? (email me if so!)

The painting is a great shape and can be tucked into a smaller space very easily - but don't be fooled. It has a strong presence and will become a conversation starter.

"Is that a horse's butt?"

Just imagine your snappy comeback!

Since today I am a slave to the book manuscript, I figured that I would share one of my favs. You can see a larger version/view here. Enjoy!!

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim



Can You Hear the Flies Buzzing?

When this painting hung in the studio, I swear there was always the drone of a horsefly.

"Swish," 22" x 28", acrylics on gallery stretched canvas, $919.

Another reason why I'm "The Lady Who Paints Horses Butts."

This painting has been around the block as well, racking up all sorts of awards. "Swish" was also published in the inauguralRicheson 75 International Landscape & Exteriorspublication.

But he's ready to settle down, now, and find a new home too.

Please let me know if you are know of a good place!

Inquiries may always come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment