Friday, August 12, 2011

Morning Banter ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini


 

"Morning Banter," from "The Saratoga Series," 9" x 15", Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, inspired from a photo taken by Juliet Harrison. Titled after the casual conversation both riders and horses were having with each other during their gallop. Original painting available for purchase, $599. Inquiries may come to me.

 
When hanging at the rail (in Saratoga) with my girlfriends last month, the idea was thrown to the universe that we should all paint a piece inspired by the same photo. A few days after returning home, an email from Juliet arrived with an attachment and the official challenge began.

 
Everyone else jumped into their pieces with gusto, but I had a number of other commitments I needed to complete before indulging myself. I got through all but 2 of said commitments before I had used up all my willpower.

 
I couldn't hold back any longer!

 
And, as always, I see a few minor changes I want to make - this always happens after I've signed and photographed the painting. But given it's a Friday, I'd like to call it a night and kick into weekend mode. So I'll wait until tomorrow to correct the line on the front horse's ankle.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim
 
 

JUST ANNOUNCED!!  PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN, for early bird reservations email me.
 





Here's the reference photo inspiring the painting above.
 

Oh yeah - and now that I've figured out how to feed my new smart phone to the studio facebook page, it's made on-the-fly updating possible. As with yesterday's painting, today's track scene has multiple in-process views on my studio page, so take a peek to see it's progression (for instance, there was a detailed background behind the far rail, but I felt it was too distracting and took it out).

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment