Friday, May 3, 2013

My Pretty Pony ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 
"My Pretty Pony I," 10" x 10", the last installment in this year's Derby Week horse inspired paintings, done in acrylics on a museum quality panel. $349 to the first asking nicely.
 
The Princess was delighted that I had pulled out her ponies - she's not played with these for years, and spent some time brushing their hair and readying the others for a turn on the easel.
 
A few in process pics are on the studio Facebook page - this is a crummy, dark and flat photo, and I'll have to replace it with a scanned image - the painting has a lot more color and life to it than this properly shows.
 
And if you know this particular pony's name, please let me know so that I can retitle the painting.
 
Here's to a safe trip tomorrow for all the horses on the card at Churchill Downs,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment