Saturday, December 29, 2007

And They're Off!


Well, I'm a little slow out of the gate joining things around here! Thanks to Donna Ridgeway for getting things going.

My name is Linda Shantz, and while I often paint more generic horse images, my passion is Thoroughbred racing. When I'm not working with or watching these horses, I'm painting them. Oil, oil pastel and pencil are my usual media. This time of year in my neck of the woods things are relatively quiet -- the season at Woodbine is over, the horses either off for a few months or in one of the southern states to train in more hospitable climates. I have a barn full of layups, weanlings and broodmares. It won't be long before foal watch starts! These horses are a constant inspiration.


I hope you enjoy all the great artwork on this blog. If you'd like to see more of mine, you can check out my blog, or visit my website. And in case I'm not back before, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment