Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Following in Revered Footsteps - A Horse a Day for 30 Days


I'm an admirer of daily painters - I've often wished my lifestyle allowed for that kind of consistency. The reality of keeping horses is that things can go wrong and turn your life upside down at the drop of a hat. Still, I've made the decision to try and do it for 30 days. At the same time I'm doing NaBloPoMo, an event that involves a blog post every day for the month of November. No days off!

I'm on day four now. Today's guest is Jay, a chestnut Thoroughbred gelding retired from racing this year. He is available for adoption through LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement. He's a great horse, and will make someone a wonderful friend. I know how much I enjoyed him during the times he spent on my farm.

To keep things as simple as possible for this project, I decided to do just head studies for the 30 days. I'm also using a limited palette and keeping the sizes small. This one is 10 x 8 oil on panel.

I'm considering asking for photo submissions to be part of my project. If you have a good head shot you'd be willing to share, feel free to email me! The only stipulation is, it must be a photo you've taken. If you'd like to follow my project, you can visit my blog, see the work I've done so far, and have the option of subscribing through email or RSS feed. Come on over and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment