Monday, March 16, 2009

Two Paintings, Black Horse, by Kimberly Kelly Santini





FROM THE TOP: "Frisky," 6" x 8," $324 and "Black," 8" x 16," $529. Both acrylic on canvasboards, depicting a dark bay or black warmblood horse. Inquiries may come to me.
 
Today's paintings were inspired by Alpac, who belongs to fellow artist Judy Wood. Last week Judy sent bragging photos of her handsome boy frolicking in the snow and I begged permission to paint him. Well, I didn't really beg - I asked politely, and Judy, being the wonderfully supportive friend that she is, immediately sent me hi-resolution pics and her blessing.
 
I lost Alpac's likeness early on, but since I was striving for mood and light, and concentrating on color usage, I let it slide. It's harder for me to work in stricter value ranges than it is for me to work in saturated color, and I had many moments where I was fighting the paint.
 
But I stuck it through, and all worked out in the end. I couldn't be happier with these paintings.
 
If these pieces don't sell by the end of the week, I'll enter them in a juried equine art show in Ohio.
 
Thanks as always for looking at my paintings and sharing my artwork with friends and family.
See you tomorrow!!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment