Sunday, December 28, 2008

Draft Horses in Oils, 12 x 18 on panel





This was one of my favorite Christmas horse portrait commissions. I met the owners of these horses last year while painting my mural of a team of life sized Amish work horses at Lehman's in Kidron, Ohio. They were visiting from Michigan and we got to talk horses. I love how horse people can connect instantly! I was able to stay in touch with my new friends and had the pleasure of doing this commission which became a Christmas present from one half of the couple to the other. I am pleased to introduce to you the team 'Slim and Harvey', a beautiful pair of belgian draft horses. They spent many weekends leading up to Christmas pulling sleds or wagons filled with happy people!
To see more of my work or for information on commissions go to http://www.suesteiner.com/
Thank you and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment