Thursday, August 20, 2009

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Morning Commute," from the Saratoga 2009 series, also my entry for the August Virtual pARTy, 6" x 8", acrylic on Raymar panel, from a photo taken by Linda Shantz, $349. Inquiries may come to me.

Early mornings at Saratoga Race Track (or any racetrack for that matter) are delightful. You get a much stronger sense, watching the Thoroughbreds make their way to the training surface, of personalities and attitudes. The riders take pride in their mounts, and the horses have one thing on their mind - getting to that track and running.

This painting is my entry for the August Virtual pARTy. You may see other artists' take on the same reference photo I've used here over the next few days. Artists have until Saturday to complete their pieces, so if you check it out today, make a point to come back again.

On Saturday, I'll be sketching pet portraits at Addision Oaks (in Leonard, Mi) from 10am till about noon. If you have no plans, bring your four legged pal out to a gorgeous park and let me try my hand at capturing their likeness in pencil.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim Santini

No comments:

Post a Comment