Monday, August 24, 2009

Life Sized Horse Paintings



I seemed to have settled into an area of 'speciality' thanks to the numerous murals I have done over the last couple of years.  This specialty is painting life sized horses and farm animals.  I paint portraits in oils on standard sized canvases and enjoy this very much but also have found a niche in painting large.  In the photo you can see me working on a recent commission that will become an outdoor mural on an existing barn.  The wood panels will be placed in the spot above a dutch door stall opening so from the house the owner can look out and see the family's much loved horses memorialized in their spot in the barn.  I will be doing a whole series, each one a special horse in this family's lives over the years. 

I loved this idea!  We also have some special horses in our lives as I am sure many of you do too!  My daughter's horse Flicka in particular is a once in a lifetime horse.  I could not of asked for a sweeter, kinder soul to carry my daughter thru her childhood!  Flicka is still with us but I want to remember this idea and do the same when the time comes so I can look out my window to my barn and remember some very special times of my daughter's childhood. 

To see more of my finished owrk please visit http://www.suesteiner.com/ or stop by my studio at SeconApril Art Galerie in Canton, Ohio.    I also have numerous murals at Lehman's
 in Kidron, Ohio.
Thank you!
animal and equine artists, pet portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment