Thursday, February 18, 2010

Paint


Every 4 to 8 weeks, Linda Shantz and I host an equine themed Virtual pARTy. A pARTy is where a group of artists work from the same reference photo, creating their work within a 24 hour period. The resulting artwork is posted on the pARTy blog, so that everyone can linger over the incredible variety and individual styles inspired by the same photograph. (psst! If you are interested in playing along with the February pARTy, you have until this Saturday at midnite EST to complete and submit your entry - details here).

So, without further ado, here's my entry for this month's pARTy:

"Up Close (Percy)," 6" x 8", portrait of a Curly Horse, acrylic on board, $329 to the first one asking nicely. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

I visited Percy and his herd of Curly Horses at my friend's last weekend, and loved every minute.
These horses were huge teddy bears, smothering my kids with slobbery kisses, goobering all over my camera lens, and doing just about anything for a sliver of apple. Personalities aside, they were beyond gorgeous, with ringlet drenched manes and tails and literal waves of tight curls hugging every curve. You can see more of my photos from this weekend on the studio's Facebook page.

Percy is a Curly Spotted Saddle Horse, Tobiano Buckskin (did I get that right?!). Bottom line, drool worthy sweetness with a mass of subtle, lovely color sealed with dark lashes and eyeliner.

Meanwhile, I have three other Curly paintings in various stages. I am going to get a heck of a lot of mileage out of this last weekend, and just might start to make a pain of myself at Curly Ranch. Consider yourself forewarned!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

PS On Saturday I'm teaching a Creative Journalling class at Lake Orion's Little Monsters Toy Shop - sign your child up, then get them psyched to make a few Monster pages in their journal (all while you duck next door and have a latte or go across the street for a marguerita - I got you covered!!).

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment