Monday, April 5, 2010

painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini



"Freedom," 9" x 12", Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, not available for purchase - yet. This painting is part of my August 2010 exhibition at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, a show that will focus on rescued animals of all sizes. "Freedom" will be framed in gorgeous custom molding properly be-fitting an equine of such elegance, and you may purchase the piece through the BFAS contact for $649. 20% of all show sales will go to BFAS, another reason to add original artwork with meaning and value to your personal collection.

The "Happily Ever Afters" show will include paintings like "Freedom" along with text - I encourage you to submit your own experiences (and photos) via email for consideration. I've already completed 2 dozen new works and will continue to paint until I run out of time (my cut-off date is mid-July, after which I'll be busy framing and crating and arranging the logistics of getting the artwork to Utah).

I'm also assembling stories, like Nitro's (above), to include on plaques interspersed among the artwork, so that viewers walk away with both visual and mental pictures of how lives are touched by rescues.

You may send me photos (non-flash please) and your own experiences with rescue - I'll acknowledge receipt of your materials and let you know if I have any additional questions. If you don't have photos, that's ok too - stories are just as welcomed.

Thanks in advance for sharing yet another journey with me - this show will be tremendous, due in big part to the Dog-a-Day family of muses!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment