Monday, July 5, 2010

Not So Quiet in These Parts - Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Stirrup," from the Saratoga Series and May's Virtual pARTy, still available for purchase. Inquiries may come to me.

So I know things have been quiet on the newsletter and blog end, but trust me when I say they have not been that way at all here in the studio.

And while last week didn't go at all as intended (a sick Princess kept me from the easel but I did make quite a bit of headway on emails, paperwork, and planning), I am certain that this week will be far better. Even though it's an abbreviated one with today being our holiday and my taking a vacation day this coming Friday (gotta cheer my son on at the Michigan Hershey Track and Field State Finals), I have great hopes for what I will be able to accomplish.

And I am very eager to jump into the paint. Tomorrow. I may not sleep tonite because of the anticipation. But tomorrow will give me a nice window to play with color and create a couple (hopefully) nice paintings. I am a little behind with the commissions and need to make some progress.

In the meanwhile, over the next few hours I will continue with the marketing, emails and paperwork bit. There's a couple Leinenkugel's left over from Saturday's fireworks bash, along with a hidden stash of chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, which together should fuel my evening's work rather nicely.

But first I'll share a link to a great article written by Karen Workman of the Oakland Press which ran in yesterday's paper (thank you Karen!). There is also a short video that was shot while I was painting (thank you Doug!).

And what the heck, I'll throw in this other link to Caren Gittleman's blog from last week. She did a great little bit from the feline's point of view. (And thank you to this Caren as well!)

Speaking of which, the Canine Art Guild has just hung their latest online exhibition. Titled "Here Kitty, Kitty," it's focused on the canine's nemesis. There are cash prizes for the People's Choice winners, so stop on by and cast your vote.

And finally the press release for Mutt Lynch Winery's Dog Days event this August in Sonoma California, which I am trying to get to if the airlines would just cooperate and drop their rates. I'm asking nicely. Pretty please?

Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment