Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rapture....The Newest Painting by Deborah O'Sullivan

This gorgeous weather has found me outside the studio working on my plein air skills. It has become quite an addiction! I adore getting out there with the watercolors and seeking out great painting spots.
     I always have two or three pieces going in the studio and I thoroughly enjoy working late into night with my music and Border Collie to keep me company. I have always been a bit of a night owl and find it easier to just get in the zone at night.
     I started  on this latest painting a while back and just hit a wall as to where I was going with it. So I let it sit in a spot where I could constantly just look at it to see what I could come up with. A few nights ago I just popped it onto the easel and literally with no plan just started throwing paint at it.  Literally!  I LOVE the drips on the bottom right and the way the rider just fades away. The horse is my focal point and I just wanted her to pop and not compete with the rider.
     This is much larger than I usually work. Almost a full sheet of Arches Hot Press 140lb paper. Available for sale unframed. The price witll go up when I have it framed. MUCH more affordable to ship unframed! $850 includes shiiping and insurance.  If you would like to give Rapture a home or would like more photos drop me an email! email  I will be happy to give you the details.

 Rapture





All the best,

Deborah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Epona Studio
www.DeborahOSullivan.com
Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment