Monday, October 18, 2010

Reflections of friends, Draft Horse Eye, Watercolor by Debbie Flood

I've had this image all Summer, waiting to be painted.
I was at a horse show and across the quiet country road is a Draft Horse farm. The whole herd was out in the pasture. I wandered over to get some candid shots of them just being together, but when they saw me headed towards the fence, one by one, proding each other along, they came over to me.The look of snacks and hand outs was crossing their faces.
I took a whole lot of images. The wind was blowing and their soft long blond manes were whisping all around. The sunlight was catching here and there, in those wisps. It was a delight to capture them with my camera.
Later in the day, when I got home, I was unloading all those precious reference photos. I zoomed in on one. The eye looked very interesting to me. As I got it enlarged to 100% on my computer screen, I could see his pasture pals, reflected in his eye!
I knew I just had to paint that. So here it is. Reflections of friends. 9 x 8.5 Watercolor. $350.00 Inquiries may come to my email at debflood@debfloodart.com

~Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment