Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Studio News and a Poll

 Art Exibition and Studio Tour   

     I have quite a bit going going these days. I am getting several paintings completed for the Friends of the Great Swamp Art Celebration in Pawling, NY on Saturday, October 23 and Sunday, October 24th. The event culminates with an art auction on Sunday. The FROGS Art exhibit is part of The Arteast Open Studio Tour in Dutchess County, NY.  It is a beautiful time of year to get in the car and do the tour while Mother Nature still has on her finest colors!


New Name and a Poll

 As many of you know I have been working hard a making a new life for myself as a single, working mom (an oxymoron) and I have made the decision to go back to using my maiden name. I have spent  a lot of time and effort branding myself with my married name. Now I need to re-brand myself and my art swith my new (old) name.  have already started using my maiden name, which is Bollman,  in the middle and in a year I will drop the O'Sullivan. Not a drop of Irish in me! Italian (raised Italian) and German all the way. -)  So in the spirit of fresh starts and new beginnings I need to come up with a new name for my business. So here is where I could use your help. I set up a poll for you guys to help me decide what name to go with.  I am thinking that by using a studio name I can make this more seamless.
One of the names a particularly like is Aquarelle Studio- 

Webster defines Aquarelle as...

~French, from obsolete Italian acquarella (now acquerello), from acqua water, from Latin aqua
(pronounced "ak-we-rell") - transparent watercolour.

The poll is over there on top right hand side of this blog. So, please, take a second and vote for your favorite name.

 
    I have finally gotten through having a nasty cold and  have just about gotten back into my regular late night groove again.  I thought I would post this work in progress of a Dressage  horse. The reference photo is courtesy of one of my collectors, Kathy. Thank you for use of your fabulous photos! The subject of this painting is of  black horse. Always a tough color to paint without making things dull and too dark. I choose to run with the violet and blue highlights on this gorgeous horse.

The initial sketch

Medium values


Almost completed. I need to come in with the final darks and detail.


Stay posted for the final on this one and don't forget to vote in my poll! Thanks! Til next time!

Enjoy!
Deborah

Follow me on ...
Twitter- Epona Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment