Monday, November 26, 2007

Elaine Hurst's Equine Art


Hello! My name is Elaine Hurst, and I create a variety of artwork, in different mediums. My equine art is a large part of what I do, as I have loved horses since I sat on a little bobbing horse in front of the TV, watching "The Lone Ranger". Like so many other horse-crazy kids, I pretended I was a horse, drew horses, dreamed horses, and luckily eventually got to take riding lessons, even having my own horse when I was 14.

I love to paint horses in many different attitudes, from different perspectives and engaged in different activities. I especially enjoy painting horses using different types of light. For me, light is so important and captures my attention so that I can feel the quality of light right through me. It can take ordinary subjects, and transform them. I paint primarily in pastels and oils. But I also do a lot of photography, handmade printmaking and I have recently started doing some sculpture, which is a wonderful change to 3D.

I do work which is in several different galleries, as well as doing commissions. I also enter art shows, and other art events.
I am an American Academy of Equine Art associate member, and the president of the Virginia Equine Artists Association. You can find more of my artwork by visiting my personal website, and blog, at: www.elainehurst.com

No comments:

Post a Comment