Monday, November 26, 2007

Julie Bender Burns Horses!


Pyrography is my obsession. My greatest joy comes from discovering the power and nuances of this unique medium. It never ceases to amaze me all the technical challenges that pyrography offers. I love experimenting with it and taking it to the next level – beyond the predictable. My joy comes from the fact that each portrait offers its own set of challenges and is as unique as the wood on which it is burned. Having worked in many mediums over the years, from clay to computer, I find my personality is best suited for the extreme level of detail and patience that wood burning requires.


There are two biggest loves in my life: one is being blessed with a talent for pyrography. It is something I do not take lightly and I am so thankful for the opportunity to exploit this talent. The other is my dogs who basically run my life and keep me constantly entertained. Never a dull moment.


Feel free to visit my website!
Julie Bender

1 comment: