Monday, April 7, 2008

"Footbath" Oil on Linen


This is a little 8 x 10 oil on Artfix linen. This surface is incredibly smooth and the finished painting looks as if it should feel like velvet. I really enjoyed working on it for this little piece.

The painting is done from reference photos I took a few years ago at Saratoga. Saratoga Springs in New York is the place to be in August, if you're associated with the world of horse racing. This is another familiar scene on the backstretch - after training, each horse gets a bath and then walks to cool out. Before going back into the stall, the groom will wash the dirt off of the horse's feet and dry the legs. I know from my days as a groom there's something satisfying about a horse with nice, clean feet!

This painting is available. If you have any questions feel free to email me at lmshantz@lindashantz.com. If you'd like to see some of the in progress shots of this painting, be sure to visit my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment