Friday, April 4, 2008

Ranch Life


Today is the opening day for the Grand National Rodeo art show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. A number of EAG members have works in this show for the first time, myself included, and we are all eager to see how the whole thing goes.
Since this show is associated with a rodeo, I concentrated on western-themed images for most of the art I sent. This wasn't too hard as that's one of the modes I'm in anyways these days. The one I'm featuring today is one that I sent to the Cow Palace show. I call it Ranch Life.
Most of the elements in this one were taken late last fall at a working cowhorse training ranch that I had just "found" an hour from where I live. Everything on this place is done in old-style classic cowboy fashion, which suits me well as far as the visuals go. Bonus is the people are very accommodating to my photo desires and super nice to deal with. I'm lookling forward to getting back out there for more shots as soon as the weather gets a bit more settled and the mud has dried.
Copies of this photo or any of my others can be ordered by emailing me at judywood@sasktel.net Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment